Thursday 23 January 2014

A Spend Day

Morning Bloggers..
Well I went to put the kettle on as usual this morning and it blew up !! so I had to boil a pan of water on the gas stove, which I am not happy about it took 7 minutes to boil so I could make a pot of tea for two and one coffee... our kettle used to boil in about a minute, I dread to think what gas you would use if that was how you boiled your water every time you fancied a brew!!
 
Heck, needless to say OH will be picking up a new one on the way home from work this evening, as I cant afford to be boiling water with gas. Argos have some basic style ones for about £9 so that will do us, our old one was a Tefal Red one, very nice but the pre 2013 years we would spend what we wanted on bits for the house, well not any more so a cheaper basic one will boil water just as good and we will have some spare money left.
 
 I need to pull the fridge out because the socket is behind the unit for the kettle to plug into, I will probably need to take the plug off the new kettle to feed the wire behind too...oh blooming heck what a faff ...
 
Well its raining again, just for a change up North, it woke me up bouncing off the windows at 5am this morning, I couldn't get back off after that so I've had a lazy morning so far, I need to pull my finger out and get some bits done.
 
When im stressed or worried hence last nights post I bake or go into a cleaning frenzy, I've wanted to make banana muffins for a while, I had saved some bananas and freezed them so I took some out last night and found a recipe online, reviews were great, I had all the ingredients, so off I went and made a batch...flaming eck they were awful, took an age to cook, and believe me I can bake, so I couldn't understand why everyone's reviews were great, lovely fluffy tasty muffins ??? mine wouldn't cook, still soggy in the middle baked for nearly an hour?? well I don't know what went wrong, so the birds will be having a treat when we go for a walk later..i was really looking forward to them too..oh well..im just annoyed that I've wasted precious ingredients..
 
I've scoured the cupboards and freezer so see what I could prepare for tea tonight, looks like it will be shepherds pie, I was going to make a lasagne but we don't have any tomatoes in the house so that's that, I've got plenty of potatoes, onions, plenty of Quorn mince, some reduced yellow stickered sprouts and a bag of yellow stickered runner beans, so that's tea sorted.. ive got a packet of Angel Delight in the cupboard from Approved Foods so will whip that up for afters...
 
Right I've got a few bits I need to sort for the post that I've sold on Ebay grand total this month for ebay is £12.65

That's it for today my friends
AFM xx
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: