Wednesday 15 January 2014

Another No Spend Day - & some Fresh Bread

Well today has been another No Spend Day so im pleased with that although I have realised I have only got 13 tea bags left till Sunday so I will have to use them wisely and have a few extra cups of coffee instead.
 
I used up the last of the bread for tonight's tea, it was an easy one Savers Beans and Mushrooms on Toast with a sprinkle of the Christmas Cheese .. simple cheap and tasty :) we had another piece of the Flapjack to finish off for afters .. Yum
 
 
 Sorry about the picture quality im having to use my phone at the moment as I cant find the camera charger lol I guess it will turn up somewhere odd haha
 
 
Fresh bread straight out of the bread machine smells lovely :) I use a basic recipe that works for me, I have tried a few suggested recipes but have failed each time so I stick to my own now.. it goes against the grain really but its how I do it and it works great every time
 
For a 1.5lb Loaf I use -
 
3 cups strong bread flour 
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 sachet of dried yeast
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil
 
I add the yeast, warm water and 2 tablespoons of sugar to the dough pan and leave for 10 minutes or so to bubble and rise, then I will add my flour, sometimes its all Strong White and other times its 1 of Strong Wholemeal to 2 Strong White, then add the salt to one corner and then the olive oil to the other, switch it on, choose 1.5lb loaf, medium crust, basic programme press the button ..hey presto 3 hours later its ready :) When I first got my machine I found it all very daunting but when I found this recipe to work for me it literally takes minutes to prepare..happy days..
 
Fingers crossed its a little dryer out tomorrow I don't fancy getting soaked while out with Deeds..
Just encase you are wondering our Jack Russell (son no2) is called Diesel, but answers to DeeDee Deeds, PunPun and Puppy Boy ..!! haha
AFM xx

No comments: