Sunday 19 January 2014

Worried..

Firstly welcome to a new follower Sara @ A Frugal Wife :)

Hi bloggers, I thought I had been doing really well over the last couple of weeks, didn't draw out of any of the bank accounts, only spent a few pounds here and there on shopping. So when checking my account on Saturday I was really shocked and worried to see that there only seems to be enough to cover the rent that is due on the 22nd..im baffled, I am going down to Barclays in the morning to double check, and I can use the machine inside that checks all transactions that have come out or are due out...sigh... there is always a constant money worry niggle isn't there? im hoping that for some reason my wage hasn't gone in or cleared, but ive not had that problem before..we will see.

We needed some grocery shopping and some bits from town yesterday, I made a list in the week but as usual there always seems to be more. At least we had OH account to pay for the shopping bits, £7.35 in Farmfoods, £19 in Aldi including a very naughty treat, although reduced I really needed cheering up and a small but delicious cheesecake came home!!! I made a homemade curry, with rice and naan bread, it was delicious, I still had a bottle of wine left over from Christmas that was a gift from my boss, so a couple of glasses were enjoyed.

Back to reality this morning though with the rent and general living account, I tried to register for online banking so I can keep a beady eye on things but it keeps saying that my surname is in the wrong format .. cripes what next! .. so I will sort that while in the bank tomorrow too as I'm not paying the telephone charge to call and tell them I have an error 90!!

On the bright side I made £9.50 on ebay over the weekend so that's good,

Feeling defeated, but I will pick myself back up..i managed to find some loose change and 5p on a shop floor so that went in the tin..it all adds up eh?
 
See you soon
AFM xx


 

3 comments:

frugal freesia said...

Just a thought, but if you checked your balance on a tesco atm they don't always show the right balance. A few times Iv'e checked on theirs then gone on to Asda and find I have a different amount on balance and have been able to use my card in Asda.

Unknown said...

Hi Frugal Freesia..I did check my balance at Tesco, fingers crossed there is more in when I nip in Barclays in the morning, thanks for that :)
AFM xx

Unknown said...

Peopleeasy is the leading destination for online grocery shopping which provides the wide range of products. Buy online baby care products, patanjali products and many more. buy food item online delhi