Wednesday 22 January 2014

Gutted

This evening we invited someone into our home, our lovely warm home.
 
We spent 'our' time with them, I cooked a meal, provided drinks and desert for them, for me to end up feeling totally gutted 3 hours later to find out that said person was caught red handed by the OH attempting to steal from us earlier in the evening...I feel dreadful I truly do...I don't even know what to say but felt like I needed to put this down in writing...........my mind wont switch off now, whirling round with what ifs and scenarios..............
 
AFM x

3 comments:

Meanqueen said...

That is a horrible thing to happen. You said OH caught them earlier in the evening, didn't he say something at the time? Surely you didn't have to go through the whole evening not knowing you have a thief in the house. Sorry if I have misunderstood.

I think you have to remove said person from your life, they don't deserve your friendship.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the comment IIona, yes OH did say something but I didn't know until this person went home..It was a friend of my Sons, I thought a lovely lad that shouldn't be tarred with the same stick that people do when they find out where he lives, im still on the fence..however being caught red handed with my Sons foreign coin and war coin collection makes my blood boil...he will not be invited into our home again..My Son doesn't know yet..oh dear I did upset me xx

frugal freesia said...

That's wrotten, I'm not surprised you are feeling upset.

Iv'e had that happen here before with my daughters' friends when they were younger, and one was a girl who had a bedroom full of toys bought by all her relatives!