Monday 13 January 2014

Charity Shop Bargains


What a busy morning, I have a day off today to ive been into town to drop some clothes off at Age Concern, I bought two pairs of smart work trousers in there and a suit jacket for OH for the grand sum of £3.30, £1.10 an item fantastic value. I usually buy the xxl men's shirts in there when im making a quilt as the shirting material goes really far and they are so cheap, before xmas every thing was £1 an item.

Popped into the Hospice shop for a looksee as all there clothes were half price for today, I picked up a really nice and thick jumper for OH for £1.50 and a sleeping dog pillowcase for 50p its printed on both sides so I will cut it round and stitch a backing on each piece and make two new dog blankets for our Diesel Dog as he needs some new ones.

I was hoping for a no spend day today, well I blew that didn't I, the original reason for this was I needed some more olive oil for my bread making and its only 99p a bottle in one of the cheapo shops, then realised my Son has food tech tomorrow and I didn't have a few of the ingredients needed so I had to go to Tesco, then ended up in town too...on the bright side I found a £10 note in the side pocket of my jacket when I got home, goodness knows how long that's been in there as its a pocket I don't use, don't know why I even checked it, oh well a very happy me  :)

The Granose was actually quiet nice, I cooked it for the recommended time, I think it could have done with a little longer, it had the consistency of half cooked stuffing-you get the idea.. Son didn't like it, ive bought 8 packets of the stuff so with the 3rd that was left from last night I thought I may try and mush it up with some grated cheese, bit of onion etc and lightly fry them and make a sort of burger type thing, so that's in the fridge for another day.. not sure what to make for tea today, its either bolognaise or cauliflower cheese with couscous??hmm don't know I hate it when you cant decide what to have.

Right I need to take the dog for a walk, wash up and have a tidy round.


::::::::EDITED::::::::

I decided to have Cauliflower Cheese for tea, it was really great.. I used up a yellow stickered cauli, a  cheap packet cheese sauce, AF dried parmesan and some Christmas cheese that was left over for the top.. we had it with homemade wedges, I use 1 potato per person and cut into 8 pieces, zap in the microwave for 8 mins, drain and put on a baking tray with a sprinkle of oil, salt and pepper, mixed herbs and a little chilli flakes put in oven for half an hour with the cauliflower and they come out perfect, I made some cous cous to have with everything, again it was from AF’s,  I added salt and pepper, 2 garlic cloves, chili powder, a bit of red onion that had been lurking for too long in the fridge, half a red pepper that was also lurking, mixed it up and hey presto, a really lovely cheap tea.

See you later AFM xx

No comments: