Monday 20 January 2014

Morning Light

I am determined to reduce our household utilities, when the alarm goes off at 7am it is very dark and cold in our house, one bedside lamp goes on and while OH is in the shower or having a wash I put a pair of joggers and a fleece over my pyjamas, dressing gown over the top to keep me warm, then I wake my son up put his lamp on, then I will go down stairs in the dark, and I put one lamp on in the back room..
 
And a few fairy lights go on in the kitchen,
 
 
It just lights up the corner of the room, I then go round and open up the blinds ready for 8.20 when we have enough natural daylight to turn them off. Make the teas and coffee flick the heating on low and then our morning routines will begin..it would be so easy to flick every light on throughout the house in the mornings and to put the heating on full blast..but when trying so save money we simply cannot afford too.
 
 
Our kitchen is an extension into the back yard and has a concrete floor and gets very cold so slippers and thick socks are a must at any time of the day but in the morning its freezing cold.. the OH and Son have left for work and school, the lights are off and I now get to have my breakfast, todays choice is porridge and a large tea (pint size) I have worked out that a small glass of porridge oats and a larger glass of milk measure out great for my porridge, bung them into a bowl and into the microwave for 4.5 mins and hey presto its ready, more energy efficient than cooking for 15 mins on the gas stove with a pan to then wash up. A large tea will fill me up for the morning and saves boiling the kettle twice for two mugs of tea...
 
Can you see a round mirror peeping up and a  fuzzy thing in the photo above?  haha I will have to reveal what that is another time there are three of them ..!! unless you can guess?
 
 
Just popped upstairs and look who is making himself comfy on my bed? .. excuse me Mr Diesel Dog
 

He says im not bothered Mummy, and then refuses to look at me.. haha..
 
 
Look at his tucked in legs awww :)
 
We have workmen digging u the road outside our house, so noisy, it unsettles poor old Deeds and he starts barking and running around the house.. I best get ready and take him out for his muddy walk, its bin day too so I need to sort that out..it seems bright but looks cold up North today so ibetter wrap up warm..
 
Due to all the bad weather that has been battling the UK I saw on Facebook last night that in Lake on The Isle Of Wight (where my parents still live) they have had another landslide on the cliff path, we were only walking on it at xmas..I forget now that I live up North that these things still effect the Islanders, any increase in wind or rain and the boats have to stop running, cutting all connections to and from the mainland, the roads flood very easily and in many areas there is only one road to get you where you are going, so if its flooded it tough your not going anywhere.. and the many landslides that happen..when I was a child in places the cliff path that you see in the photo's below was a football pitch away from the edge of the cliff drop, now its only a couple of meters away...the Island is shrinking fast...seems funny to me now, but its just normal life there...
 

 
Life goes on eh? thank goodness no one was hurt.
Happy Tuesday Everyone
 
AFM xx
 
P.S I wonder if Mr Herron is about today-fingers crossed we see him :)

No comments: