Monday 27 January 2014

Homemade Card Holder..and other Musings

Hi everyone...brr its blinking cold up North today, well it has been all weekend actually, same as many places i believe, windy, rain, thunder and hail, i thought we may wake up to some snow this morning , but no, just more rain and wind..
The hail was making such a racket i opened the back door to have a look and everything was covered...i went to grab my phone to snap a few pictures but the battery was dead!!when i finally managed to snap a picture most of it had melted but there was still some around because it was so cold...Diesel Dog hid behind the sofa in the back room when i opened the door i think he thought i was going to make him go out lol..

We got invited to the In-Laws for Sunday Dinner so that was  nice, no cooking for me :) lovely roasted food and apple pie and custard for afters yummy .. we sat and chatted away and watched a movie on tv, a bit of Maths homework was finished and then we headed home for a relaxing evening...
OH did a workout and had a soak in the bath, i attempted to sort the dresser of doom out hahaha every time you open the doors some material falls out or my buttons tin escapes lol... i gave up and decided i will do it in the week when no-one is around to interrupt!
I bobbed in Tesco on Saturday as we needed a few basic bits and i spotted this jute bag with the Tunocks print on and then LOVE on the other side, these were £4.00 reduced to £1.50 so i got one to put away to go with my mums Mothers day bits, these bags are really useful and she likes to use them when shopping, plus they are her favourite chocky treat :)


 


I was a bit bored the other day so i was tidying around the house and opened the drawer where i keep my savings cards and thought i really need a basic holder to keep them all in, i had a little think about it and i remembered that i had an old leather spectacles case that i didn't use, so i found it out ...


Got some of my cards out to measure how deep i needed it to be ...
It was a perfect width ...


I marked it with a pencil and then cut along with my dressmaking scissors ... i cut the top part off too so i could trace the dipped part..


I cut out the dipped part ...


I then added my cards .. hey presto a neat little card holder that cost me nothing ..tadaaa..
i quiet like it.. i dabbed a little glue where i cut across the stitching to keep everything held together..it holds 6 cards with maybe a little room for another if needed..im really pleased with it..


Off to the post this morning with some eBay bits i sold then i was off to do a full day at work .. my boss is off today so i am sneakily  blogging from my desk haha..


Home for Dinner in a bit so i will put the slow cooker on with a Quorn casserole for Tea, ive got some veggies prepared in the freezer so i just need to bung it all in and switch it on, ive a packet of vege suet for dumplings from Approved Foods so will make that up too...that's it for now my friends..its A No Spend Day today too as i already had the stamps for the post..
Happy Monday
AFM xx

1 comment:

dreamer said...

Useful little card holder :)
I will link this to Sunday's 52 projects post for you x