Thursday 23 January 2014

Topping Them Up and a No Spend Day

Hi everyone ...
What brand of shampoo and conditioner do you use? how much do you spend ?
 
 
 
I buy Tesco Brand shampoo and conditioner 300ml each for 75p each,
Loreal is 250ml for £2.89 and Pantene 360ml is £3.69
 
I cant understand how people could pay that price to wash and condition their hair, I know some pay more certain brands are nearer to £5 each - crazy.
 
We have been using Tesco brand for a couple of years and I find it works very well, in smell and results are very similar to the Pantene ones, I will continue to use Tesco version as long as they still sell it, sometimes its on offer any 4 for 3 so £2.25 for 4 products works out at 56p each, great value, so next time its on offer I will get a few extra...there is the choice of For Normal Hair or Dry/Damaged Hair too which is great.
 
A couple of years ago I purchased some pump action shower dispensers for 50p each, I squeeze the shampoo and conditioner into one each and its really surprising how little you use when you use these, its so easy to squidge a handful out of a bottle when you don't need it, it stops kids emptying half a bottle on their head too hahaha I find that a bottle each when put into the dispensers last us about 3 weeks, and I wash my hair every day ..fab!! .. another advantage to these pumps are you can actually see what you have got as the dispensers are see through..so you don't un-necessary buy more when you can see what you've got !!
 
I know there is the value ranges out there that are cheaper and you get so much more for the money, but I find they dry my hair out terribly so I don't mind paying 75p each..however if we had a house full of kiddies I think it would be fine to clean their hair with the value brands, Tesco Value 1 ltr shampoo for 40p is a massive bargain...
 
 
 
 I have tried the Alberto Balsam ranges, 400ml for 75p, fab value, they smell really nice but again dry my hair out, so I stick to the Tesco ones...these ones come in several smelly fragrances too ..
 
 
Hope that wasn't too boring for you all ??
 
Just what I use, and if that helps someone wanting to try it then great, it saves me money so I get to put more into our savings over the year.. all these little things make it able for me to save save save.
 
Its a No Spend Day today here..fantastic..
 
Happy Friday Everyone
AFM xx
 

4 comments:

pennywisemummy said...

Just found your blog from a frugal wife and thought i would pop over to say hi :)

Unknown said...

Hi pennywisemummy .. thanks for popping by :)
AFM xx

Sara said...

I use the Alberto ones for myself which always seem to be on offer, although I do confess to being a huge Aveda fan a few years ago... would hate to think of the cost of Aveda products these days! Sx

thrift deluxe said...

Hi,

Just found your blog, via somewhere, maybe Dreamer.

Anyway, when I'm not doing a "use it up challenge" as I am now, the shampoo I buy is over five quid a bottle. I also buy my hair wax from the hairdresser and that's nearly £15. It's worth it to me, save on what doesn't matter - spend on what does!